Monday

I Don't Understand, Je Ne Comprends Pas, No Entiendo

It is spring now, and I thought the quarrel with that wanna-be, silhouette expert from Texas, was over and done with. But I guess not, as she keeps at it on her little blog. She keeps picking sandgrain tidbits of nothing and tries to make something out of it. Why is she making a fool of herself?  I don't understand.

As for myself, I need no introduction, as my nine years of blogging speaks for itself. I write about antique silhouettes for fun and pass on new information about them to help collectors and dealers; it is one of my hobbies. She sells silhouettes for a living, I don't. So my writings are unbiased.

That DEALER from Texas:

First, she writes very little on the subject (her silhouette artists bio is a laugh...she took them straight out of reference books without giving them any credits). Second, she is unable to tell fakes and reproductions from genuine 19th century silhouettes. Third, most of what she knows were learned by reading my blogs. Fourth, she still bases her little opinions on an outdated 1928 book by Alice van Leer Carrick. (By the way, Carrick's book is excellent, but my nine years of writing takes it way beyond her investigation. Carrick started it, and I am continuing it.)

So, what is this Texas dealer? She is a pothole, a menace for all to avoid. If some of you fall into it, this pothole gets bigger and bigger. Save costly alignment and go around that nuisance. What a wanna-be is what a wanna-be does. Spring is finally here. Get over it and move on!

Check out my other antique silhouettes sites: Our latest Blog (largest)
"                                                                "   : Second Newest (not so large)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I think you must be referring to Peggy McClard. I'm familiar with her website and occasionally check out the silhouettes she offers for sale, but I've never purchased anything... is she selling fakes?

ME said...

That is for you to decide.

CookStreet said...

Found this by chance, fascinating! I need an invite to read
the whole thing?

ME said...

What "whole thing" is that?