Wednesday

Silhouette by T.P.Jones





Jones was a competent silhouettist. I like his style. Not many of his works are found. But then, he worked with duplicate cuttings, so many of his works are unattributed (see duplicate cuttings without embossment somewhere in this HP). He worked with the plain hollow-cuts and hollow-cuts with inked detailing. This embellished silhouette is from my collection, and I consider it one of the best by Jones. If you owned it, it will be the second best. You know how that works. Whatever Uncle Doddy owns is always the best.

Two more days left for this semester, and I will have some free time till the next racket begins. Hope to write and update my HP. Have some new silhouettes for sale coming up. Some are good stuff. Check them out if time permits.

No comments: